Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving!

                     Me and my aunt, she looks cute as always. Me? I look... ahem... 
                 Just a scary picture. Me and mike being silly, all that food got to our heads!
                  Aaliyah treated grandma to a foot rub!
                             My frozen mint dessert. I was not to fond of this one and I think that the family would agree with me on this one because I found so many slices by the sink with only one bite out of it! I will post the recipe just in case anyone wants to try it:)
                                 My mango-chutney carrots... really yummy.


So I am finding that I am terrible at keeping this blog updated. I find that some update day by day others a few times a month and then there is me.... whenever I think of it or remember! Anyhow~ here is some pictures of our thanksgiving and some lovely recipes to the dishes I made! 

Mango-chutney carrots
1 pkg (16oz) baby carrots
2 tbl spoons of water
1/4 C. Orange juice
2 tbl spoons mango chutney
2 tbl spoons butter
1 1/2 tea spoons fresh ginger root
1/2 tea spoon garlic
1 tea spoon curry powder
3 tbl spoons minced  fresh parsley

Place carrots and water in microwave on high for 4-6 min or until tender. ( I just steamed the carrots until done)
Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the OJ, chutney, butter, ginger, garlic, and curry. Cover and microwave on high for 45 sec or until butter is melted. Drain carrots; add to orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley! 
Yield: 4 servings


Frozen chocolate mint desert

1 pkg. fudge brownie mix 
2 egg whites
1/4 C. Unsweetened applesauce
2 tea spoons vanilla extract
1/2 C. baking cocoa
1 1/2 C. fat free milk
2 pkgs large marshmallows
1/2 mint extract.... ( I would half that, it was very minty! )
1 carton whipped topping, thawed
2/3 C. cream filled cookie sandwiches

In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla.
Spread into a 13 x 9 in x 2 in baking dish coated with baking spray. Bake at 350 for 18-22 min or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack.

In a dutch oven, combine cocoa and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until cocoa is dissolved. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat; stir in extract. Cool completely. 

Fold in whipped topping. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hrs. Remove from freezer 10 min before serving.


No comments: