Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ironic

My last blog was hard to write but very therapeutic for me. I write when I'm upset, it helps me to work through whatever it is that I am going through. My thing with my Grandpa was writing letters to each other. So I thought that I would write one last letter to him. 
After I was done posting my writings I went out to check the mail and found a letter from him. His last letter to me. He had mailed  it the day before he died. 
I burst into tears.... I had cried but not like this. I sobbed. I felt like I was 6 again when I had gotten in trouble and was crying so hard that I had to gulp in air. Sad... I know. But in a sense I needed it.
 Everything that he had to say was, of course, the right things to say. The very things that I had questioned in my blog and the things that I was wondering he confirmed in his letter to me. Its kind of ironic because here I thought I was writing my last letter to him and  really he wrote his last letter to me. It is so special that I got that, and at that time. The timing was perfect. I'm sure God planned it that way. 

No comments: